Apollonia’s current members include more than 6000 dentists and students of dentistry. In addition, Apollonia has honorary and correspondent members, who are active both in Finland and abroad.
Apollonia supports oral health research in the form of grants, organizes continuing education and disseminates research results concerning oral health. To members, Apollonia offers various kinds of benefits.
You can apply for membership if you are licensed to practice as a dentist in Finland. Student membership can be applied for by dental students studyning degree studies in Finland.
Apollonia’s board can also approve for membership a person (Finnish or foreign) who promotes the intentions of Apollonia (f.ex. researcher’s three years’ working experience in the field in Finland.), if at least 15 members suggest him/her for membership (use this form). Written arguments must be attached to the membership application.
The board of the association decides on who is admitted as a member.
Cancellation of membership
A member cancel membership in Apollonia with written notification to Apollonia’s board by e-mail or mail to the Finnish Dental Society Apollonia / Board, Bulevardi 30 B 5, FI-00120 Helsinki
The annual membership fee is 216 euros and the entry fee is 15 euros in 2024. Student members do not pay the membership fee.
Exemption from membership fee
- Honorary and correspondent members = ongoing exemption
- Retired, no age limit = ongoing exemption when retired (application by written notification, enclosing a copy of the pension decision)
- Student members (full-time dental students in Finland) = no membership fee, entry fee 15 euro
Reduced membership fee 108 euros (applied for with a written free-form application)
- Persons performing armed or unarmed military service (enclosing a copy of the Military Service Order)
- Residency abroad for at least 1 year (enclosing documents indicating reasons and duration)
- Maternity, nursing or sick leave for at least 10 months (enclosing a copy of the maternity or sickness allowance estimation provided by the Social Insurance Institution of Finland)
Exemptions or reductions in fees are applied for with an informal written application. The application with appendixes must describe on what grounds and the duration for which the concessionary membership fee is applied.